What to visit in Charente Maritime in winter
Far from the tourist influx of the summer holidays, Charente Maritime finds its calm and benefits from an oceanic climate for a rather mild winter.
The winter light will make you discover the most beautiful sunrises and sunsets on the sea, if you are a photography lover or simply contemplative, you will not be able to get enough.
Meditating in front of the blazing winter sun to recharge your batteries is a privilege.
An unforgettable winter holiday!
Full of iodine and nature
- Island lovers :
The 4 islands of the Charente archipelago are each as beautiful as the next in terms of their natural environment, their history and their beaches
- Picturesque villages at its mouth
Talmont sur Gironde, a fortified bastide on the estuary,
Mornac-sur-Seudre, an artists' village in the heart of the Poitevin marshes and its Aunis region
Whether you are a lover of old stones, history, culture, a gourmet or curious about its wine-growing region, Charente Maritime is a destination to discover now !
- Discover the lighthouses, typical monuments of maritime heritage
- A touch of history and culture...Visit the castles
The Castle of La Roche-Courbon
- The castle of Dampierre-sur-Boutonne
- The medieval town of Pons
- Buzay Castle in La Jarne
- The castle of La Péraidière in Dompierre-sur-Mer
- Visit the museums according to your tastes and desires of the moment
- The Bunker Museum in La Rochelle is a real bunker built in the city centre during the Second World War
- Museum of old-time trades, in Rochefort.
- The Aquarium of La Rochelle.
- Museum of Fine Arts in La Rochelle.
- Museum of Natural History, in La Rochelle.
- Museum of Automatons and model cars in La Rochelle.
- A little shopping and discovering the cities of course
Take a break to taste the local produce and regional specialities, between land and sea.
- Discover the village markets of the region
- the central market of Royan
- The producers' markets of Bois-Plage-en-Ré on the Ile de Ré.
- A good dose of gourmet food
salt, charcuterie, cheese, seafood, potatoes, melons, kiwis, cakes and sweets...
Visit the cellars and taste the wines of the Charente Maritime vineyards and its famous cognac and pineau. Private tours of the cellars
- Take your time in one of the good restaurants of the region, Charente Maritime is full of beautiful addresses for all desires and all budgets.